Ideas Roadshow’s IBDP Portal – TOK in Action
Ideas Roadshow’s IBDP Portal includes a particularly large collection of TOK video and (digital) print resources which uniquely connect fundamental TOK concepts and ideas to the front lines of research in a range of fully-accessible formats for both teachers and students. In addition, this IB-specific database offers a wide range of TOK integration materials across 21 DP subjects to help subject teachers incorporate TOK explicitly and easily into their lessons.
More than 80 top researchers at prestigious institutions around the world have participated in Ideas Roadshow in our effort to connect the Diploma Programme – and in particular the DP core – with the fascinating world of research. This way we have been able to tangibly demonstrate how in the real world TOK thinking is integral to successful problem-solving and gaining knowledge. Students will be exposed to the diversity and richness of different international perspectives from leading experts around the world who all come from different backgrounds and cultures.
I. The New TOK Course
Ideas Roadshow’s TOK resources have been fully aligned with the new TOK syllabus so that you can get ready to prepare your new TOK lessons ahead of when teaching starts.
NEW TOK WEBINARS: You can register below for a free webinar to learn how Ideas Roadshow’s extensive TOK resources have been updated to be fully in line with the new TOK Curriculum. We’ll show you how to quickly and easily invoke a spectrum of concrete teaching strategies for the core theme, the 5 optional themes and the 5 newly streamlined AOKs, while providing a wealth of additional student support for both the TOK essay and the new TOK exhibition.
With an individual teacher or institutional subscription, you will have access to Ideas Roadshow’s new TOK Lesson Planner which is a solid tool to build great TOK lessons for online and in-class teaching. During our New TOK Webinars we will be sharing this helpful resource for a limited time with all attendees.
Ideas Roadshow’s TOK Lesson Planner is divided into the following sections: the core theme, five optional themes and five AOKs. Each section contains an itemization of associated Ideas Roadshow TOK resources which are presented according to key curriculum-relevant goals.
In addition, all 300+ TOK expert resources – TOK Clips, TOK Compilations and TOK Samplers – come with a helpful 1-page PDF specifying:
* related AOKs;
* connections with 1 or more particular optional themes;
* associated concepts corresponding to the knowledge framework;
* related IA prompts for the TOK exhibition;
* other related Ideas Roadshow TOK resources;
* 3 sample knowledge questions;
* citation details.
Our resources also provide a wealth of additional student support materials for both the TOK essay and the new TOK exhibition. Register for a free New TOK Webinar to learn more!
II. The ‘Old’ TOK Course
Ideas Roadshow’s TOK video and print expert resources continue to offer full support for the present TOK course during the transition period:
- provide students with engaging videos in different formats with a direct application to the real world;
- come with a detailed, downloadable lesson plan for each video (incl. relevant AOKs/WOKs, TOK concepts covered, sample knowledge questions, related DP subjects) to build effective TOK lessons;
- facilitate making explicit links to TOK across all 21 DP subjects our IB-specific database covers;
- offer students a wide range of views and perspectives from leading experts on many different topics;
- directly support students with the TOK essay and presentation.